Contact Us TelephoneEmail




Our complaints policy

We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.


Our complaints procedure

If you have a complaint, please contact Ms Charlotte Akpinar, who is the person responsible for dealing with client care issues. You can contact her by post at Telegraph House, High Street, Sheffield, S1 2GA, or via email at


What will happen next?


We will send you a letter or email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within a maximum of three days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.

We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve reviewing your file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you. If your complaint relates to a matter where the file has been closed we may need to obtain your file from our archive storage facility, which may take 1-2 days.

Ms Charlotte Akpinar will send you a detailed reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 6 weeks of sending you the acknowledgement letter.

At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a partner who has not had any dealings with your matter to review the initial decision.

We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.

If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman (LeO) at the Office for Legal Complaints on 0300 555 0333, or by writing to PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ. Email:

The LeO will not normally deal with complaints unless our complaints procedure has been exhausted and allows us to do this within eight weeks. The LeO asks that you contact his office within six months of your last contact with the firm. Please note that the LeO will not handle complaints from large businesses (see the LeO website - ).

Alternative complaints bodies such as Ombudsman Services -, ProMediate - and Small Claims Mediation –, exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.

We confirm however that we do not agree to use any of the alternative complaints bodies as noted above.


Objecting to our bill(s)

You may have the right to object to our bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.


Non-payment to our bill(s)

You should be aware that the firm may be entitled to charge interest if all or part of our bill(s) remains unpaid. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.