Experienced Legal Cashier wanted
Based in Sheffield City Centre
Part time – 21 hours per week
Competitive salary (dependent upon experience)
We are looking for an experienced Legal Cashier to work in a busy accounts department in a high street firm.
The role requires the successful candidate to provide support to the Head Cashier and must also be able to work independently.
Candidates must have good communications and numerical skills, have attention to detail and must be flexible to cover holidays and absences where necessary.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum prior work experience of 2 years plus in a Legal Cashiers role is essential
- Ability to work effectively within a team but also to feel confident working autonomously
- Microsoft Office including Word and Excel is essential
- Good English, grammar and spelling
- Familiarity with Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills - experience in dealing with clients via telephone is essential
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload within the required timescales
- Ability to work under pressure as and when required (this may involve some flexibility in working hours).
- Confidence in using a case management system. Experience of Partner for Windows is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Attached below is a non-exhaustive list of the typical duties a Legal Cashier would be expected to cover:
- Bank Reconciliations
- Office Account Figures
- TT's, BACS, Standing Orders
- Online Payments Out (TT's, Next Day, BACS)
- Office to Nominal transactions
- Client to Client transfers
- Petty Cash (Expenses, swear fees, balancing, cash cheque)
- Card Payments (In person, Over Phone and online)
- Bills & Completion Statements (Checking bills with disbs and completion statements)
- Land Registry Invoices
- Standing Journals/ direct debits
- House Keeping Posting Slips
- Audit Trails
- Time Write Off's
- Credit Notes
- Write off bills and disbursements
- Stopped Cheques
- Estate Accounts
- Cheques for Invoices (Nominal)
- Aged Debts
- Credit Control
- Set up New Starters on our Case Management System
- Month End Accounts
- Reconciliation of month end figures
- High's and Low's bank account balance
- Post Cheques to pay invoices
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and put Legal Cashier Application in the subject heading.