For life overseas. With our seal of approval.
We are home to one of only a small number of specialist solicitors trained to authenticate legal documents for use in the UK or abroad.
Based in Sheffield City Centre | Full time, 35 hours per week Monday - Friday 9am-5pm | Competitive salary (dependent on experience) | Excellent benefits – Pension and Westfield Healthcare
We are looking for a Family Paralegal with working knowledge and experience, to work in our Family Department in a busy high street firm.
The role requires that the Family Paralegal assists the Partner/Head of Department on their existing mixed caseload of varied matters, including Divorce, Finances, Separation, Family Law Act proceedings, Civil Partnerships, Cohabitation Disputes, Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements, Children Act work etc. and that they assist with any admin duties as and when required.
We are looking for:
• Good working knowledge and experience of the above and The Family Court system and CAFCASS
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
• Good English, grammar and spelling
• Experience of doing your own Court Hearings is desirable
• Numerical skills
• Excellent communication skills - experience in dealing with clients via telephone and face-to- face is essential
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload within the required timescales
• Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
• Ability to work under pressure as and when required (this may involve some flexibility in working hours).
Experience of Partner for Windows is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.